Thursday, August 20, 2009

Eat Dessert First and Shoe Store Radiation Machines

My friend, Terri Metz, forwarded me an e-mail today that started out "
One day I had a date for lunch with friends.. Mae, a little old "blue hair" about 80 years old, came along with them---all in all, a pleasant bunch. When the menus were presented, we ordered salads, sandwiches, and soups, except for Mae who said, "Ice Cream, please. Two scoops, chocolate..... The e-mail continues inspirationally about living life fully. Please read it all if you get it. My reason for mentioning it is that while I have been known often to started meals at restaurants with dessert, to my husband's embarrassment, my "scientific" rationale is that the sugar dessert sets up a desire to eat more- so then I have the healthy meal after the dessert, and hope to end up not eating too much. If I have sweets at the end, then I leave kinda craving more. Also, others order more cocktails in the beginning, and ....Let me eat cake instead of alcohol while they're drinking.
AND .... the highest bidder on yesterday's flower was Annie K., with 2 books I love, one magazine containing an article from Roswell Park with a story about Dr. Lele, 3 homegrown cucumbers, and a half gallon of her delicious bean pasta vegetable soup. I got the best deal, and I didn't even have to mail it to her. Of course I hope she eventually gets the best deal with my original. But with millions of artists out there, it is very very unlikely.
I am sooooooo ready to have these stiches out!
I am so scared of adding new radiation to my body for 5 weeks after: taking X-Rays for 4 years while I was a dental hygienist in the 1960's- with dentists who said "Don't worry. Just stand behind the door". AND does anybody know the details of those 1940's or 1950's X-ray machines they had in Shoe Stores, where I, for one, was mesmerized while taking my time looking at the bones in my feet while I wiggled my toes....Looking, looking, looking? How long before they removed those machines, and how many little kids watched as I did entranced?

No comments:

Post a Comment