Monday, August 24, 2009

Aerobics

This morning I remembered the word "J'arming", and tried it. I found a fast tune in my memory bank and flailed my arms around to the beat. While not quite the aerobics of jogging and elliptic training that I've been doing since 1980, I was forced to breath rather deeply after a few minutes. I made myself do 3 sets of 5 minutes each. For now that's enough. (J'arming articles can be found on Google. It was intended for people in wheelchairs, etc.)
But Covert Baily- my initial exercise guru says daily 'do at least 12 minutes of non-stop aerobics at 80% of your maximum'. Tomorrow I'll try to stretch it out without the breaks. Who knows, perhaps it will hack away at my aging chicken wing sagging arms. I'll push myself for a month on it and see if arm fitness becomes an extra benefit.
John is ready to go back to Nevada. I got a call from a friend there this morning and she couldn't believe we're still in Buffalo. I kind of like the routine I've developed here over the last 2 week, and the cool feel of oxygen-filled summer air. However, our host would surely like his home back for himself. He deserves a lot more than thanks!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Drina, you are an inspiration!! I had breast surgery 3 weeks ago, and have just now begun to walk. I wasn't doing it before, but know that I need to start somewhere! I am still sore a swollen, but healing well, I guess. But I'm also in limbo, waiting for results of my ONCA so my doctor can lay out my treatment choices.

    ReplyDelete