Sunday, August 16, 2009

Incomprehensible pounds- How much does a uterus weigh? Nothing?

Maybe it was all the love and prayers that did it! Yesterday I left the hospital one day early.... We went directly to the great Buffalo Wegman's food shopping store (for a prescription too), rested a bit, out to dinner with family and a new friend, up and down a few stairs, and — new for me - bed early.
One barely comprehensible thing: I had parts out, didn't eat anything solid from the night of August 10th until August 15th, and what did I get?- about 2-3 inches of greater girth and I PUT ON about 4-6 pounds! What is that? Only thing I can imagine is that they infused me with lots of glucose and water while on IV, and my 45 minutes of daily jogging ceased after the 11th. They won't say when I can start exercising again. I tried stopping pain pills today but went back on (I refused their darvacet), and did do Ibuprofen, which has almost always done a good job for me. Today was a good day until after lunch because my very helpful sweet son and family got in the car to go back to Hoboken, New Jersey. I'm beginning to think some people unconsciously take a looooong time to recover because their family stays with them for as long as they're ill. But I'm a counseling psychologist and I can't deny my unconscious mind ....
I'm better, and grateful for that. Not looking forward to 5 weeks of radiation treatment though, and I want to hear that the cancer isn't in the lymph nodes, 'cause I think that means no metastasizing, and no chemotherapy. But I'm not sure. I'll find out on August 27th.

No comments:

Post a Comment