Friday, August 21, 2009

Fame so elusive

Being the only granddaughter of Taylor Caldwell has left me with a problem. (Whiningly, I say, "I wanna be like her.) She was one of the strangest people, but I loved her.) Her last husband took all her millions- the lothario married her when she was 78 years old and he was about twenty years younger than she. She also had had a stroke, was deaf, and couldn't talk or think like before the stroke. He got her to ADOPT his then teenage son. Then he distroyed her will that was leaving just about everything she had to my mother, plus a few thousand a year to me. He had another will drawn up, sold her best jewelry and property, AND MANAGED TO ABSCOND WITH ALL THE RIGHTS TO HER 33 BEST SELLING NOVELS. What am I doing getting myself all worked up again over something that happened 25 years ago?
Well, anyway, the following might seem irrelevant, but is not:
I sent the links from the Las Vegas newspaper to my son, Mark, and he replied.
From: "Mark Fornasiero" <markfornasiero@gmail.com>
Date: August 21, 2009 6:09:51 AM PDT
Subject: RE: Links below to Las Vegas Journal and Las Vegas City Life regarding the Art Show - Celebrating Life! 2009

Thanks for passing these on mum. 99% of it is praise, which is a pretty good ratio to me. You’re now in good company with all the great artists, which receive both praise and criticism. The point is, your art is getting noticed!
Making my son proud had better be good enough. It is very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment