Monday, August 17, 2009

John saw the incision, was a bit shocked

In slow motion, I took out my trusty Quik Sew measuring tape. 6.5 inches total, starting straight down from below the belly button, meandering around it and continuing up about 1.5 inches above my new now "outtie" belly button. He comforted me (actually himself) that there are products, noninvasive, that can mitigate this ugly gash, starting after the staples are removed next week.

Regarding where to get radiation treatments- so far 3 lead possibilities for me to research.
1. Got a call from Etel Surany about a renown doctor professor writer friend of hers at UCLA Schlomo Ras, M.D.;
2. Roe Gruber's friend in Las Vegas, Karen Fleisher, suggested a Vegas doctor: Dr. Camille Falkner GYN oncologist (702) 739-6467
3. My new internist, Lisa Hohl, MD, referred me ultimately to the Woman's Cancer Center, Nick Spirtos, MD.

Interesting to me is my daughter's concern regarding radiation proliferation. Apparently during and after 5 weeks of radiation treatment, I could put our granddaughter, Mia, at risk -- as well as our pregnant Nicole with the new baby. So I won't be traveling as prior planning from November 28-Dec.15th. Now I'm hoping for January....in Cleveland or Hoboken, wherever Mark and they are. I want to be a help to them in their time of need.

1 comment:

  1. It is hard to even know what to say to a person who is going through what you are going through now. I guess I just need for you to know I care and that I am following your progress via your blog. We are all looking forward for your return to NV.

    ReplyDelete