Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Great Distraction- Interviewed by Las Vegas Journal

Still no bathroom action, BUT at 8:15P.M. I got a phonecall about being interviewed for an article in the Las Vegas newspaper. The reason: "Tranquility-Red Couch"an embellished fabric collage of mine won Best of Show in an art contest last May, and is now at the Las Vegas City Hall in the winner's circle Bridge Gallery until September 17, 2009. I hope I interviewed well with the reporter, Sonya Padgett. Will I ever get to see the article? She's from Alabama; hardly anybody has been born in Las Vegas, it seems. The interview was a wonderful distraction from tomorrow's operation for me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi My Drina,
    I love reading your blog and also your funny way of presenting. Never think it is offensive. We all need to hear it. I am so glad that your art work is getting such a wonderful recognition and that you are on your way to becoming a celebrity.
    See, Drina girl, you have a lot of reason to kick this cancer and your art work and your little grand daughter will be thankful along with all of us, that you were able to come out of this with flying colors. My prayers are with you dear on for tomorrow and l know all will go well. Love you Pucci

    ReplyDelete